At the Coventry Chess Academy, we aim to provide a happy, secure and enriching environment offering equal access to the learning activities available. Our child-centred approach is designed to help each child to develop their full potential in and outside of the classroom. Chess represents the perfect vehicle through which to achieve this.
Some of the benefits that chess offers children include:
• Taking responsibility for one’s own actions
• Taking control of one’s own learning
• An enquiring mind
• Thinking ahead
• Positive values e.g. respect for opponents
• Problem solving
• Making difficult decisions
• Resilience when under pressure
• Great fun!